Sunday, March 23, 2014

Double Link quilt block

Double Link
October 7, 1933-The Double Link quilt design was originally pieced in blue and white prints according to Nancy Cabot. She felt that quilters of her day would probably prefer it in plain colors or "perhaps, a combination of prints and plain pieces."

Though the Double Link quilt design is one of the earliest quilt patterns, Nancy describes it as "almost modernistic in pattern." I'm surprised she doesn't mention it as being the Star of David.

I believe this was an applique pattern. I could not find find a copy of Nancy Cabot's Double Link quilt pattern but I found one attributed to the Progressive Farmer here. I haven't been able to find any quilts made using this pattern or any additional information about it.

Tomorrow-Blue Eagle

No comments :

Post a Comment