Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sunburst #2 quilt block

Sunburst
March 20, 1933-"Need you be warned that this is no pattern to be tried by the novice in quiltmaking?" wrote Nancy Cabot in her Chicago Tribune column when introducing this second version of the Sunburst quilt block.  This pattern was inspired by "the sunrise over the vast, rolling plains" of the prairie states of the Union she adds.

I agree with Nancy that this would be a very difficult quilt block to make especially in the 6" size!  Needless to say but I didn't even try.

To see the first Sunburst block, go here.

Tomorrow-Cherry Basket






On another note, I have made some updates to the site to make it easier to find what you are looking for.  At the top of the page, I have added several tabs.  The Blocks tab features a small picture of each block and a link to that block's post.  I hope this makes it easier if you are trying to find a block but may not remember it's name or when it was posted.  Another tab is a link to the Flickr group for the blog where you can post photos of blocks you have made and see what others have made.  I have also included a tab to my other blog, The Double Nickel Quilt Challenge, which features ways to use 5" charm packs also known as "nickel" squares.  There are some FREE patterns posted there also.

No comments :

Post a Comment